Marc Pautrel is a french writer born in 1967 who lives in Bordeaux, where he devotes himself entirely to writing. He is the author of seven novels published in France by Editions Gallimard, including La vie princière (2018) which is a bestseller in France.
- Born in France in 1967. First move at the age of three weeks and change of city every two or three years due to the work of his father (bank executive), lives in a dozen cities throughout France .
- In childhood, travels to Spain, England and Italy.
- In 1987, moved to Bordeaux, studying at the Institute of Political Studies (Sciences-Po) and then at the Faculty of Law.
- In 1989, begins to write. Graduate degree in private law from Bordeaux University.
- From 1992, devotes himself entirely to writing.
- In 2006, meets the famous french writer Philippe Sollers in Bordeaux.
- In 2006 and 2007, publication of several short stories in the review L'Infini (Éditions Gallimard).
- May 7, 2009: publication of the first novel published by Editions Gallimard in the collection "L'Infini" directed by Philippe Sollers: L’homme pacifique (The Peaceful Man).
- Stays in Italy (Venezia) and in Spain (Barcelona).
- January 13, 2011: publication by Gallimard of the novel Un voyage humain (A Human Journey).
- In writing residence at Villa Marguerite Yourcenar (France, North).
- Stays one month in Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto) as laureate of the 'Stendhal Missions' of the Institut Français.
- January 10, 2013: publication by Gallimard of the novel Polaire (Polar).
- Stays one month in Mexico (México, Puebla) with the Aquiatine region's support.
- In writing residence in Brive (France, Corrèze).
- In writing residence at Chalet Mauriac (France, Gironde).
- Intervention during university conference "Littérature du moi, autofiction et hétérographie dans la littérature française et en français du XXe et du XXIe siècles" organized by Bordeaux III University, 25/10/2013.
- In writing residence at Maison Julien Gracq (France, Maine-et-Loire).
- October 2, 2014: publication by Gallimard of the novel Orpheline (Orphan Girl).
- Receives the Prize Writer's Residence of La Fondation des Treilles and stays two monthes at the Foundation Domain (France, Var).
- Stays two monthes in Israël, in Jerusalem, in writer residence with the Institut Français of Jerusalem.
- January 14, 2016: publication by Gallimard of the novel Une jeunesse de Blaise Pascal (A Blaise Pascal's Youth).
- Receives the Prize Henri de Régnier from the Académie Française for Une jeunesse de Blaise Pascal.
- Publication in Italy of Una giovinezza di Blaise Pascal (Translation by Francesco Bergamasco), Milan, Editions Archinto.
- January 3, 2017: publication by Gallimard of the novel La sainte réalité (Vie de Jean-Siméon Chardin) (The Holy Reality, Jean-Siméon Chardin's Life).
- Is in the Prize December's short list with La sainte réalité.
- January 4, 2018: publication by Gallimard of the novel La vie princière (The Princely Life).
- La vie princière is a bestseller in France (seven reprints, more than 20,000 copies distributed).